Running with a Spoonful in Life's Gallery

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Duelling with Dichotomies

Just touched down in Amsterdam a couple of hours ago. This place looks fantastic! The classical looking buildings, the weather (I'm puffing water vapour as I walk outside), the many canals. I'm lucky to be able to come here on a work trip ... will try to accomplish an outdoor run in a couple of minutes to take in the sights while keeping fit.

Had a meet-up with Alan and a bunch of friends yesterday. A friend who works for a HR consultancy firm told me this - increasingly, the definition of talent is those who can marry and excel in dichotomies. In particular, individuals who possess the ability to think strategically at 30,000 feet but yet is totally at ease in operational and implementation details are highly sought after. Somehow this sounds alot like how the Civil Service talent is defined as well ...

Guess now I know what I'm lacking right now and what I should be working on. The harder question is how!

1 Comments:

  • I happened to go onto your blog just for fun to see whats going on in your mind.. i realised that while I have been spending the last few months of my life since I have been in GVA learning about myself (who I am, what I am), you have been keeping your focus on managemen, leadership, future, etc!

    It is very good what you are doing.. you are very focused! This is a leader in the making!! I miss your "career" chats.. and hopefully we can continue them at Starbucks when you come over this weekend! I cant wait!!!! :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home