Running with a Spoonful in Life's Gallery

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Muay Thai and My Time

My series of Muay Thai lessons is now drawing to an end. It feels like the end of a season - one that I artificially created for myself to make sense of the movement of time, or perhaps to give myself some sense of progression. It also feels a lot like walking from one room to the next, closing one door and opening a new one.


Progression - it is interesting that my life so far is defined in chunks. 

I had a really good time putting punches and throwing my shins into those sandbags for these few months. Can't say that I've become one real and mean boxing machine right now, but I think I now know how to look less amateurish if I ever get into a real brawl! (Also managed to persuade two friends to join me in my temporal hobby.)

So what does this chunk of my life mean to me?

A new beginning, a renewed zest, rediscovering myself, "throwing" myself into life. It's too complex an experience to be written down in a couple of lines. Or maybe it's but a transitory phase. A bridge to a new place. 

But have I arrived? I do not know. I wish I do.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home