Running with a Spoonful in Life's Gallery

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Finally, I caught enough of my breath to ramble

It's been a hectic week, and my final exams are almost over.
So is my 4 years of college life in the US.

It is a really strange feeling, a bittersweet whisper of emotion
. . . .. .That foretells a storm that is
. . A storm that is coming,

And yet its scent is strong enough to illicit that
......Hurting and longing ...
...........Feeling

The feeling of familiarity
It hurts ...
.......tenderly,
It tugs ...
............gently at my heartstrings
It sneaks up on you ...
...................but with dampened footsteps,
.........Just enough to let you know its here
It lingers ...
...........but never really goes away

It is a beautiful feeling,
This dull ache in my chest
.....A tingle of a smile
...............A flutter of a heartbeat
..........A trickle of a tear,
......As fleeting as the emotions that come and go
A part of my life passed,
.....And never to be mine again

I picked up the pieces, tidied my memories
........Tucked them away
..........In a deep pocket of my heart, fearing
.............That one day even my memories will pass me by
..........This familiar feeling ... ...
A silent surrender to the mercy of time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home