Running with a Spoonful in Life's Gallery

Monday, August 31, 2009

Daily infusions of Drucker's words


Got this as a gift from Alan. It's exactly what I almost got myself. Pretty excited about reading this book!

Ripped it open and gobbled up the few lessons for this week.
The theme centres around time.
Managing, recording and consolidating time.
Drucker suggests that we record how we use our time to enforce discipline and to better understand how we use this precious resource. Might be a little too extreme for me!

But what I liked was his advice on consolidating time. To be effective, we have to be able to chunk time properly. On paper, a day filled back to back with an assortment of 30 min, 60 min meetings may seem to work. However, for me, there's a lag time in switching from one task to another ... and often the creative juices (the higher value added returns on my time) only comes after 15-20 min when concentrating on a task. Am seriously shortchanging myself if I don't try to chunk!

Will be writing more about the book as the days progress ....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home