Running with a Spoonful in Life's Gallery

Monday, July 20, 2009

See you at the top - Zig Ziglar

Bought this book quite a while ago but never got down to finishing it. Just read it last night and I guess it is true that there is indeed a time for everything - my brain was craving for such a book then. I gobbled it up and felt really satisfied at the end of it all.

This is one of those classic motivational books, which I am (unabashedly) a huge fan of. They are a fuel for my brain and soul, and often gives me new perspectives / ideas from the comfort of my own home while (this is the more impt part) giving me the boost to want to do more.

I think this is a book that I'll read time and time again to extract the motivation from. The main thing that I felt last night after reading the book was a sense of urgency. It came from this paragraph in the book which asked the reader to imagine having to go on a holiday for the rest of the week. With the acute knowledge that one only has one day left to do all the work for the rest of the week, one suddenly develops a new ability to prioritise aggressively and attack tasks with an unquenchable sense of urgency. Zig's advice is to live everyday like that.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home